3/1/10

Beautful Fake and Ugly Reality

Something none of us want to admit that we care about, that runs our existence. Its something that affects everyone, whether you are a hermit or a first class hoochie momma. What we own, what we can afford, categories us, and defines the person we are. Is that what we all want? To be defined by what we are wearing, what brand you have the most of, or what toys you have? What happened to two people coming together and conversing about things that truly matter? What happened to the actually important issues, rather than being controlled by the profit we make?

Our existence should be about living, truly living. Reveling in the simplistic pleasures that the world offers. Such as a spring rain fall soaking you, making you remember that you are ALIVE. Instead we are inside all day, clacking away at our keyboards, our skin growing pale and our stomach's too full. Even I am guilty of this. There are days that I wake up and remember that I could be dead tomorrow, that I am wasting my precious time.

As the weeks pass, I realize that I slowly am awakening again, my eyes slowly tearing open to the world around me. Sometimes it takes something real to come crashing into your world, to make you see that everything around you is so fake, and begin that search to find reality again.

So tell me, will you stay in your fake plastic world of happiness;

Or will you awaken and push through the ugliness of reality to find true beauty in the world we are wasting?

No comments:

Post a Comment