4/6/10

Flame to Ice

Broken love affairs
Shedding tears, like he cares.
Beaten down again, typical story.
Day dreaming of a perfect man was kind of corny.
So I stopped dreaming, and shut down inside.
Frozen and frigid, wouldn’t notice if you were by my side.
This cold, this darkness, it enveloped me.
It’s how I came to be.
Lock down, caged up, beaten alive.
Lost thoughts rushing about like a busy hive.
None I would share.
I thought nobody would care.
I spent a year in isolation of my own desire.
To loneliness I did retire.
With eyes closed tight, and a lock on my heart.
It was beginning to tear me apart.
It was then, an unexpected surprise did come.
Arriving at a friend’s home.
A fire, so brilliant, so bright, so warm.
You assured me you meant no harm.
So used to these misused words, repetitive in lies,
I melted a little, and turned to gaze into your eyes.

Glacial melting, global warming, you unfroze me.

Your smile was the key.

Slowly, I found myself smiling back, a distantly familiar gesture.

With you, there was no pressure.

These natural motions, this humanity came back,

I dropped the painful baggage, like a filthy sack.

You are the fire to my ice, the key to my heart,

It pains me to be apart.

So tell me, will you hold my heart to yours and treasure it?

Or throw it to the dogs in the pit?

Do not be another of Hades soldiers,

Don’t shrug me off with broad shoulders.

Don’t beat me down, crush me with theatrics

Don’t try to fool me with devilish tricks.

My heart isn’t something easily given,

With a clear head I am driven.

There are no rose colored glasses in my world.

Around your finger you could have me curled.

I’d rather stand by your side, hand in mine.

On earth we have limited time.

No one else I’d rather share it with.

I thought love was a myth.

No comments:

Post a Comment